The Manchester Centre for Archaeology and Egyptology (MCAE) serves as a hub for all archaeology-related matters at The University of Manchester.
We are a highly interdisciplinary subject area, with archaeological colleagues spread across all three Faculties in the University (Humanities; Biology, Medicine and Health; Science and Engineering) and The Manchester Museum where we are working alongside colleagues in areas such as geography, biological sciences, biochemistry, zoology and ancient history.
MCAE's goals are to:
- support these cross-disciplinary relationships;
- enhance opportunities for networking and research collaborations;
- strengthen cross-disciplinary teaching;
- foster public engagement initiatives;
- create attractive opportunities for PhD and post-doc researchers.